Ban on Malik lifted, fine reduced to Rs1 million LAHORE: The appellate tribunal of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) while lifting one-year ban on former captain Shoaib Malik has reduced the fine from Rs2 million to Rs1 million while hearing on Younis Khan’s appeal was adjourned until June 5.
The one-man PCB tribunal of Justice retired Irfan Qadir heard the appeal by Shoaib Malik here at the National Cricket Academy.
Later, Justice ( R ) Irfan Qadir told media that ban imposed by the PCB on Shoaib Malik on March 16 has been lifted while his fine has also been reduced from Rs2 million to Rs1 million.
Now, Shoaib Malik is available to play in next month's Asia Cup and tour of England.
Earlier this year, the PCB banned Malik from the national squad for one year and fined him two million rupees for breaches of discipline while on tour.
The PCB also punished six other players who took part in the tours of the United Arab Emirates, New Zealand and Australia, particularly after Pakistan lost all three Tests and five one-day games in Australia in December-January.
The punishments were referred to a retired judge for review, with PCB chairman Ijaz Butt telling a parliamentary committee last week that his board would accept any of the judge's findings.
Along with Malik, allrounder Rana Naved-ul was also banned for one year and fined two million rupees. Former captains Younis Khan and Mohammad Yousuf were banned for indefinite periods, while Kamran Akmal, Shahid Afridi and Umar Akmal were fined heavily.
Younis's appeal was also heard on Saturday but after arguments between the tribunal and Younis's lawyer Ahmed Malik Qayyum, the hearing was adjourned until June 9.
Meanwhile, the lawyer of Younis Khan blamed that the hearing was not allowed before media and severe punishment is being made to his client.
PCB legal adviser told that the appellate tribunal has adjourned the hearing for an indefinite period on request from Shahid Afridi, Kamran Akmal and Umar Akmal.
Src:- Geo.Tv
0 Response to "Ban on Malik lifted"
Post a Comment